b. about 1621, d. 28 February 1700
|Father||Reverend John Lothrop1 b. 20 Dec 1584, d. 8 Nov 1653|
|Mother||Hannah House2,1 b. say 1590, d. abt. 1633|
|Charts||Ancestors of Edward Ambrose Cooke|
Ulysses Simpson Grant - Edward Ambrose Cooke
Franklin Delano Roosevelt - Edward Ambrose Cooke
George H. W. & George W. Bush - Edward Ambrose Cooke
Samuel Lothrop was born about 1621.1 He married Elizabeth Scudder, daughter of John Scudder and Elizabeth Stoughton, 28 November 1644 at Barnstable, Barnstable Co., Massachusetts.3,4 He died 28 February 1700 at Norwich, Connecticut.5
|Elizabeth Scudder b. 31 Jul 1625|
- [S472] Robert Charles Anderson, The Great Migration: Immigrants To New England, 1634-1635, Volume IV, I-L, (Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2003), 345-351. Hereafter cited as Anderson, Great Migration, Vol IV.
- [S687] Clifford L. Stott, "Lothrop and House Entries in the Parish Registers of Eastwell, Kent," The American Genealogist 70 (Oct 1995): 250-252. Hereafter cited as Stott, "Lothrop and House of Eastwell."
- [S303] Jane Fletcher Fiske, "A New England Immigrant Kinship Network: Notes on the English Origins of the Scudders of Salem and Barnstable, Massachusetts, Bridget (__) (Verry) Giles of Salem, and Joanna (Chamberlain) Betts of Long Island," The American Genealogist 72 (July/October 1997): 285-300. Hereafter cited as Fisk, "New England Immigrant Kinship Network."
- [S1872] Clarence Almon Torrey, New England Marriages Prior to 1700, 3 vols. (Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2011), 969. Hereafter cited as Torrey, New England Marriages.
- [S521] Dwight Brainerd, Ancestry of Thomas Chalmers Brainerd (Portland, Maine: Anthoesen Press, 1948), 196-198. Hereafter cited as Brainerd, Brainerd Ancestry.
- [S521] Brainerd, Brainerd Ancestry, 195-198.