b. 15 May 1777, d. 25 December 1844
was born 15 May 1777 at Westmoreland Co., Virginia
He married (1) Sarah Harris
13 July 1807 at Lincoln Co., Kentucky
He married (2) Elizabeth Smith
, daughter of James Andrew Smith
and Margaret Truax
, 2 April 1827 at Adair Co., Kentucky
He died 25 December 1844 at Johnstown, Gibson Co., Indiana
when he was buried at Spillman Cemetery, Montgomery, Gibson Co., Indiana
- [S1072] Lincoln County, Kentucky, Probate records, 1781-1959; index, 1781-1865, 1889-1924, 1781-1924, G:164-166, FHL microfilm 192229 Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah. Hereafter cited as Lincoln Co., KY Probate.
- [S1064] Robert E. Turman and Bettie Anne Cummings Cook, Genealogy Newspaper Columns of Robert E. Turman: Early family histories from Gibson, Harrison, Knox, Montgomery, Perry, Pike, Posey, Sullivan, Washington, Vanderburgh and Surrounding Counties in Indiana, and Including Illinois, Kentucy, and Tennessee and Paths of Migration to These General Areas (Evansville, Indiana: Tri-State Genealogical Society, 1981), 335-6. Hereafter cited as Turman and Cook, Genealogy Newspaper Columns of Robert E. Turman.
- [S1089] Spillman Cemetery (Union Township, Gibson Co., Indiana; 3-1/2 miles southwest of Fort Branch. Located on the west side of County Road 350 W, just south of the intersection with County Road 925S. Cemetery is on the north side of Mount Moriah Cemetery.), Charles Epperson Grave Marker, row 3, Photograph provided by Gene Wheeler, http://www.wheeler-roots.org, March 2007.
- [S1082] Shirley Dunn, Lincoln County, Kentucky, Marriages 1780-1850 & Tombstone Inscriptions (St. Louis, Missouri: Genealogical Research & Publications, 1977), 11. Hereafter cited as Dunn, Lincoln Co. Marriages and Tombstones.
- [S1064] Turman and Cook, Genealogy Newspaper Columns of Robert E. Turman, 336.
- [S1078] Ruth Paull Burdette, Marriage Records of Adair County, Kentucky, 1802-1840 (Burkesville, Kentucky: R. N. Smith and L. L. Butler, 1975), 37. Hereafter cited as Burdette, Adair Co. Marriages.
- [S1064] Turman and Cook, Genealogy Newspaper Columns of Robert E. Turman, 337.
- [S1024] David Lambert Epperson, Death Certificates, File No. 42730 (1917), Illinois Department of Public Health, Division of Vital Records, Springfield, Illinois.
- [S1075] Gibson County, Indiana, Probate records, 1813-1919, with indexes, 1868-1944, C:94, FHL microfilm 1434773 Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah. On the 13th of May, 1845 David and his brother James (minor heirs of Charles Epperson, both over 14) appeared in open court to ask that Painter Marvel (their uncle) be appointed their guardian which was granted. Hereafter cited as Gibson Co., IN Probate.
- [S1075] Gibson Co., IN Probate, C:94; FHL #1434773.