, daughter of Thomas Martin
and Johanna (---)
, was born in 1664.1
She died at Thompson Parish, Killingly, Connecticut
, 29 July 1742.2
Dorothy married (1) Joseph Howe
, son of Abraham Howe
and Hannah Ward
, at Marlborough, Middlesex Co., Massachusetts
, 29 December 1687;3,4
she married (2) Samuel Morris
, whose ancestry is unknown (or not traced here), at Marlborough, Middlesex Co., Massachusetts
, 15 May 1706.5
|Joseph Howe b. 9 Feb 1661/62, d. 4 Sep 1701|
- Sarah How6 b. 27 Jul 1688
- Eunice Howe+7 b. 15 Jan 1692, d. 20 Oct 1725
- Bethiah How8 b. 6 Mar 1694/95
- Joseph How9 b. 19 Feb 1696/97
- Abraham How10 b. 21 Mar 1698/99
- Jedediah How11 b. 3 Apr 1701
- [S1184] Lucius B. Barbour and Lorraine Cook White (editor), The Barbour Collection of Connecticut Town Vital Records, 55 vols. (Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing, 1994-2002), 20:xx (Killingly), further cited as Barbour and White, Barbour Collection. age at death given as "about 78 years."
- [S1378] Woodstock, Connecticut, Town Hall, Records of Births, Marriages, and Deaths, v. 1-5, 1686-1929, 1:76, FHL microfilm 1376372, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah. "Dorothy Morriss wife of Samuel Morries near Woodstock viz of Thompson parish near Killingly Dyed July 29 1742 Aged about 78 years", further cited as Woodstock Vital Records.
- [S672] Gilman Biglow Howe, "Abraham How, of Watertown and Marlborough, Mass.," National Genealogical Society Quarterly 7 (April 1917): 12-14, further cited as Howe, "Abraham How."
- [S1872] Clarence Almon Torrey, New England Marriages Prior to 1700, 3 vols. (Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2011), 799, further cited as Torrey, New England Marriages (2011).
- [S908] Franklin P. Rice, Vital Records of Marlborough, Massachusetts: To the end of the year 1849 (Worcester, Massachusetts: p.p., 1908), 267, further cited as Rice, Vital Records of Marlborough.
- [S908] Rice, Vital Records of Marlborough, 106.
- [S160] Andrew H. Ward, "Amsden Family," The New England Historical and Genealogical Register 15 (Jan 1861): 21-22, further cited as Ward, "Amsden Family."
- [S908] Rice, Vital Records of Marlborough, 96.
- [S908] Rice, Vital Records of Marlborough, 101.
- [S908] Rice, Vital Records of Marlborough, 95.
- [S908] Rice, Vital Records of Marlborough, 100.