, daughter of John Pierson
and Abigail (---)
, was born at Morristown, Morris Co., New Jersey
, 12 February 17691
and baptised there, 19 March 1769.1
Ruth married James Cook
, son of Colonel Ellis Cook
and Margaret Griswold Cocker
, 3 August 1786.2,3,4
- [S56] First Presbyterian Church, History of the First Presbyterian Church, Morristown, N. J. Part II: The Combined Registers, from 1742 to 1885 (Morristown, New Jersey: Banner Steam Print, 1931), 2:185, further cited as First Presb. Ch., The Combined Registers.
- [S56] First Presb. Ch., The Combined Registers, 2:48, 185, 3:102.
- [S80] George H. Cook, Notes for a Genealogy of the Family of Ellis Cook, of Southampton, L.I., N. Y. (New Brunswick, New Jersey: p.p., ), 6, further cited as Cook, Notes for Ellis Cook.
- [S981] Moses S. Beach, Rev. William Ely and Geo. B. Vanderpoel (ed.), The Ely Ancestry: Lineage of Richard Ely of Plymouth, England, who came to Boston, Mass., about 1655, & settled at Lyme, Conn, in 1660 (New York: The Calumet Press, 1902), 463, further cited as Beach, Ely, and Vanderpoel, The Ely Ancestry.
- [S171] George Rogers Howell, The Early History of Southampton L.I., New York with Genealogies. Revised, Corrected and Enlarged. Albany, New York: Weed, Parsons and Co., 2nd ed., 1887, 216. CD-ROM reprint, Genealogy and History of the Town of Southampton, New York (http://genealogycds.com: genealogycds.com, 2007), further cited as History of Southampton.
|This person was last edited on||9 Sep 2015|