|Charts||Ancestors of Jennie Luene Logan|
Prudence Lanckford, daughter of William Lanckford, married William Clayton, son of William Clayton and Joan Smith, at St Pancras, Chichester, Sussex, England, 7 November 1653.1,2,3,4
|William Clayton b. 9 Dec 1632, d. bt 1686 - 1691|
|This person was last edited on||14 Apr 2017|
- [S1645] Sussex Record Society, Barbican House, Lewes, Sussex, England, St. Pancras, Chichester Parish Register: 1558-1812, Tilington, notes and extracts, 49, FHL microfilm 504431. "William son of William Cleyton of this parish and Prudence Lanckford of peters teh lesse, daughter of William Lanckford of Broughton, Hants, married after purpose thrice published in Chichester Market 19 Oct, 26 Oct and 2 Oct [sic], by Richard Boughton esq., J.P." Hereafter cited as St. Pancras Parish Register.
- [S1613] James E. Bellarts and Louis E. Jones, "William Clayton of Chichester," The Quaker Yeomen 11 (January 1985), further cited as Bellarts and Jones, "Clayton of Chichester."
- [S1608] Henry C. Peden Jr. and John Pitts Launey, Early Church Records of Delaware County, PA: Volume 2, (Westminster, Maryland: Family Line Publications, 1997), 188, further cited as Peden and Launey, Delaware Co. Church Records Vol 2.
- [S2094] Charles M. Hansen, "The Parentage of William Clayton, Quaker Immigrant to Pennsylvania: A Correction)," The Genealogist 4 (Fall 1983): 169-173, at 170, further cited as Hansen, "Parentage of William Clayton."
- [S1644] London Public Record Office, RG-6, #1307, A Register for the Division of Chichester in the County of Sussex Where in is Kept an Accompt of Mariages, Births, & Burials of our [---] And [---] children; commonly & scornfull by the world would called Quakers: Commencing the Yeare 1651, 42, FHL microfilm 811736 #4, further cited as Register of Chichester Quakers.
- [S1644] Register of Chichester Quakers, 122; FHL #811736 #4.
- [S1644] Register of Chichester Quakers, 44; FHL #811736 #4.