, son of Ellis Cook
and Rhoda Sayre
, was born 16 June 18121,2,3
and baptised at the First Presbyterian Church of Hanover Cemetery, Hanover, Morris Co., New Jersey
, 13 September 1812. He died 5 February 1890,4
and was buried at Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, Newark, Essex Co., New Jersey
Jabez married (1) Gertrude E. Meeker
, daughter of John M. Meeker
and Mary C. Budd
he married (2) Harriet Poinier
, whose ancestry is unknown (or not traced here).5
|This person was last edited on||17 Dec 2017|
- [S1546] Michael J. Lanni, Find A Grave memorial #134857078, added 25 Aug 2014, online http://www.findagrave.com, accessed May 2015, further cited as Find A Grave.
- [S171] George Rogers Howell, The Early History of Southampton L.I., New York with Genealogies. Revised, Corrected and Enlarged. Albany, New York: Weed, Parsons and Co., 2nd ed., 1887, 215. CD-ROM reprint, Genealogy and History of the Town of Southampton, New York (http://genealogycds.com: genealogycds.com, 2007), further cited as History of Southampton.
- [S964] James W. Moore, Rev. John Moore of Newtown, Long Island, and Some of His Descendants (Easton, Pennsylvania: Chemical Publishing, 1903), 370, further cited as Moore, Moore Genealogy.
- [S1546] Find A Grave, memorial #134856867.
- [S981] Moses S. Beach, Rev. William Ely and Geo. B. Vanderpoel (ed.), The Ely Ancestry: Lineage of Richard Ely of Plymouth, England, who came to Boston, Mass., about 1655, & settled at Lyme, Conn, in 1660 (New York: The Calumet Press, 1902), 463, further cited as Beach, Ely, and Vanderpoel, The Ely Ancestry.
- [S2029] John Littell, Family Records or Genealogies of the First Settlers of Passaic Valley (and vicinity) Above Chatham–With Their Ancestors and Descendants, as Far as Can Now be Ascertained (Feltville, New Jersey: Stationers' Hall Press, 1851), 283, further cited as Littell, First Settlers of Passaic Valley.