, daughter of Thomas Brotherton
and Ellen (…)
, was born probably shortly before her baptism at Husborne Crawley Parish, Bedford, England
, 6 March 1602/3.1
She died at Martha's Vinyard, Dukes Co., Massachusetts
, before 1665.2
Alice married John Doggett
, whose ancestry is unknown (or not traced here), at Marston Moretaine, Bedford, England
, 29 August 1622.2,1,3,4,5
|John Doggett b. bef. 1597, d. May 1673|
- John Doggett2 b. 5 Sep 1624
- Thomas Doggett+2 b. say 1632, d. 1691
- Elizabeth Doggett2 b. say 1636
- Hepzibah Doggett2 b. say 1639
- Joseph Doggett2 b. say 1647
|This person was last edited on||11 Apr 2022|
- [S306] Gordon L. Remington, "Alice Brotherton, Wife of John1 Doggett of Martha's Vineyard," The American Genealogist 72 (April 1997): 89-100, further cited as Remington, "Alice Brotherton, Wife of John Doggett."
- [S2281] Robert Charles Anderson, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Volumes I–III, 3 vols. (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1995), 1:568-70 (John Doggett), further cited as Anderson, GMB.
- [S3] Charles Edward Banks, The History of Martha's Vineyard Dukes County Massachusetts in Three Volumes (subtitle varies) (1911; reprint, Edgartown, Massachusetts: Dukes County Historical Society, 1966), 2:64-65, further cited as Banks, History of Martha's Vineyard.
- [S1872] Clarence Almon Torrey, New England Marriages Prior to 1700, 3 vols. (Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2011), 462, further cited as Torrey, New England Marriages (2011).
- [S2052] Robert Charles Anderson, The Winthrop Fleet: Massachusetts Bay Company Immigrants to New England 1629-1630 (Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 275, further cited as Anderson, The Winthrop Fleet.