, son of John Bentley
and Mary Betts
, was born probably shortly before his baptism at St. Andrew, Ampthill, Bedford, England
, 13 September 1640.1,2,3
He died in 1720.3
William married Sarah Eldredge
, daughter of William Eldredge
and Ann Lumpkin
, say 1675.1,4,5
|Sarah Eldredge b. 10 Oct 1650|
- James Bentley4 b. say 1676
- Benjamin Bentley4 b. say 1678
- William Bentley+3 b. say 1680, d. abt. 1760
- Jane Bentley4 b. say 1682
- Thomas Bentley4 b. say 1684
|This person was last edited on||5 Jul 2016|
- [S621] Anna Belle Bentley Clevenger, compiler, Alva Bentley (1870 - 1966), Zora Belle Dodson (1885 - 1966): Their Descendants and Ancestors (Lawton, Oklahoma: p.p., 1984), 393-395, further cited as Clevenger, Alva Bentley and Zora Belle Dodson.
- [S768] W. M. Bollenbach Jr., The New England Ancestry of Alice Everett Johnson, 1899-1986, Memoirs, and Bollenbach Genealogy (Baltimore, Maryland: Gateway Press, 2003), 45, further cited as Bollenbach, Johnson.
- [S643] Eleanor L Trismen, "Bentley Genealogy: Some of the Descendants of George Bentley and wife, Ruth Barber", River Edge, New Jersey: , microform copy: FHL Film/Fiche #1033570, item 1, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah, N-P, further cited as "Bentley Genealogy."
- [S913] John Osborne Austin, The Genealogical Dictionary of Rhode Island: Comprising Three Generations of Settlers Who Came Before 1690 (With Many Families Carried to the Fourth Generation). Albany, New York: Joel Munsell's Sons, 1887, 19. CD-ROM reprint, Compendium of New England Pioneers: A Collection of 14 Classic Genealogical Dictionaries of Early New England Settlers (Columbia, Maryland: Archive CD Books USA, 2006), further cited as Rhode Island Dictionary.
- [S1872] Clarence Almon Torrey, New England Marriages Prior to 1700, 3 vols. (Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2011), 134, further cited as Torrey, New England Marriages (2011).