, daughter of Philip Smith
and Ann Grymwade
, was born probably shortly before her baptism at Erwarton, Suffolk, England
, 22 July 1599.1,2
She died after 23 June 1680, when she was named in her husband's will.3
Elizabeth married Samuel Smith
, son of John Smith
and Mary Gardiner
, at St. Margaret's, Whatfield, Suffolk, England
, 6 October 1624.3,4,5
|Samuel Smith b. 6 Sep 1601, d. bef. 17 Jan 1680/81|
- Samuel Smith6 b. 6 Oct 1625
- Elizabeth Smith+3 b. 28 Jan 1626/27, d. aft. 1701
- Mary Smith6 b. 19 Oct 1628
- Philip Smith6 b. 25 Nov 1632
- Chileab Smith6 b. say 1635
- John Smith6 b. say 1638
|This person was last edited on||11 Jun 2020|
- [S1492] Peter Wilson Coldham, The Complete Book of Emigrants: 1607-1660: A Comprehensive Listing Compiled from English Public Records of Those Who Took Ship to the Americas for Political, Religious, and Economic Reasons; of Those Who Were Deported for Vagrancy, Roguery, or Non-Conformity; and of Those Who Were Sold to Labour in the New Colonies (Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing, 1987), 115 (age 32 in 1634), further cited as Coldham, Complete Book of Emigrants, 1607-1660.
- [S2275] Myrtle Stevens Hyde, "The English Ancestry of Elizabeth Smith, Whose Husband was Samuel1 Smith of Hadley, Massachusetts," The New England Historical and Genealogical Register 174 (Spring & Summer 2020): 141–154 (pt 1), 247–257 (pt 2), at 142, further cited as Hyde, "English Ancestry of Elizabeth Smith."
- [S2053] Robert Charles Anderson, George F. Sanborn Jr. and Melinde Lutz Sanborn, The Great Migration: Immigrants To New England, 1634-1635 (7 vols., Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1999-2011), 6:400, further cited as Anderson, et al., The Great Migration.
- [S1872] Clarence Almon Torrey, New England Marriages Prior to 1700, 3 vols. (Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2011), 2:1404, further cited as Torrey, New England Marriages (2011).
- [S2251] Myrtle Stevens Hyde, "The English Ancestry of Samuel1 Smith of Hadley, Massachusetts, Whose Wife Was Elizabeth (Smith) Smith," The New England Historical and Genealogical Register 174 (Winter 2020): 40-51, at 43, further cited as Hyde, "English Ancestry of Samuel Smith of Hadley."
- [S2251] Hyde, "English Ancestry of Samuel Smith of Hadley," 43-4.