, daughter of Thomas Tarbell
and Mary (…)
, was born at Watertown, Middlesex Co., Massachusetts
, about 1652.1,2,3
She died after 1719.1,2,3
Abigail married, as his 2nd wife, Joshua Whitney
, son of John Whitney
and Elinor (…)
, at Groton, Middlesex Co., Massachusetts
, 30 September 1672.4,5
|Joshua Whitney b. bt 15 Jul 1635 - 1636, d. 1 Aug 1719|
- Abigail Whitney4 b. 1673, d. bef. 1713
- Mary Whitney+4 b. 1 Jul 1675, d. 29 Dec 1749
- William Whitney4 b. 28 Feb 1678
- Cornelius Whitney4 b. say 1680
- David Whitney4 b. 1682
- Eleanor Whitney6 b. say 1684
- Elizabeth Whitney4 b. say 1686
- Martha Whitney4 b. say 1688
|This person was last edited on||16 Dec 2017|
- [S92] Thomas Bellows Wyman, The Genealogies and Estates of Charlestown, in the County of Middlesex and Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 1629-1818 (Boston: David Clapp and Son, 1879), 932, further cited as Wyman, Charlestown Genealogies.
- [S9] Henry Bond, Genealogies of the Families and Descendants of the Early Settlers of Watertown, Massachusetts, Including Waltham and Weston to Which is Appended the Early History of the Town, With Illustrations, Maps And Notes (Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1860), 598, further cited as Bond, Bond's Watertown.
- [S91] Charles Henry Wight, "Thomas Tarbell and Some of His Descendants," The New England Historical and Genealogical Register 61 (Jan 1907): 70-75, at 70, further cited as Wight, "Thomas Tarbell."
- [S69] Frederick Clifton Peirce, Whitney: The Descendants of John Whitney, Who Came From London, England to Watertown, Massachusetts in 1635 (Chicago, Illinois: p.p., 1895), 24-25, further cited as Peirce, Whitney.
- [S1872] Clarence Almon Torrey, New England Marriages Prior to 1700, 3 vols. (Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2011), 1660, further cited as Torrey, New England Marriages (2011).
- [S789] Dean Crawford Smith and Melinde Lutz Sanborn, The Ancestry of Eva Belle Kempton, 1978-1908: Part I: The Ancestry of Warren Francis Kempton, 1817-1879 (Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1996), 522-550, further cited as Smith and Sanborn, Kempton Ancestry: Part I.