, daughter of Thomas Gentleman
and Christian Cock
, was born before 1593.1
She died at Covehithe, Suffolk, England
, 5 October 1631.2,3,1
Joan married (1) Robert Herrington
, whose ancestry is unknown (or not traced here), at Southwold, Suffolk, England
, 7 March 1613;3,4
she married (2) Reverend John Youngs
, son of Reverend Christopher Youngs
and Margaret (…)
, at Southwold
, 25 July 1622.2,5
|Reverend John Youngs b. abt. 1601, d. 24 Feb 1671/72|
- Colonel John Youngs+2 b. 10 Apr 1623, d. 12 Apr 1698
- Thomas Youngs2 b. 1 May 1625, d. 1686
- Rachel Youngs2 b. 3 Apr 1627
- Elizabeth Youngs6 b. 6 May 1629, d. bef. 22 Mar 1630
|This person was last edited on||16 Feb 2022|
- [S2468] Leslie Mahler and Robert Battle, "Three Great-Migration Gentlewomen: Sisters Margaret (Gentleman) Ibrook, Susan (Gentleman) (Hunter) Hollingsworth, and Joan (Gentleman) (Herrington) Youngs of Southwold, Suffolk, and Massachusetts," The American Genealogist 91 (July/October 2020): 250-260, at 259, further cited as Mahler & Battle, "Three Great-Migration Gentleman Sisters."
- [S318] Selah Younges Jr., Youngs Family: Vicar Christopher Younges: His Ancestors in England and His Descendants in America: A History and Genealogy (New York: p.p., 1907), further cited as Younges, Youngs Family.
- [S2065] Hal Bradley, "William1 Brown of Salem, Massachusetts, and the Youngs Family of Suffolk, England and Southold, Long Island: Additional English Sources on Their Connection," The American Genealogist 88 (Jan 2016): 73-77, at 76, further cited as Bradley, "Brown and Youngs of Salem, Mass., and Southold, Long Island."
- [S2066] Lucy Dubois Ackerly, "Genealogical Notes Relating to the English Ancestors of the Youngs of Southold, N.Y.," The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record 39 (Jul 1908): 193-199, at 194, further cited as Ackerly, "English Ancestors of the Youngs of Southold."
- [S1872] Clarence Almon Torrey, New England Marriages Prior to 1700, 3 vols. (Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2011), 1735, further cited as Torrey, New England Marriages (2011).
- [S2065] Bradley, "Brown and Youngs of Salem, Mass., and Southold, Long Island," 77.