Sir James le Boteler, K.B., 1st Earl of Ormond
Sir James le Boteler
, K.B., 1st Earl of Ormond
, son of Sir Edmund le Boteler, Knt.
and Joan Fitzgerald
, was born at Ireland
, about 18 March 1305.1,2
He died 6 January 1337/38,1
and was buried at St. Mary Collegiate Church, Gowran, Kilkenny, Ireland
James married Eleanor de Bohun
, daughter of Sir Humphrey de Bohun, Knt., 8th Earl of Hereford, 9th Earl of Essex
and Elizabeth of England
, before 21 November 1328.1,2
|Eleanor de Bohun b. abt. 1310, d. 7 Oct 1363|
- John Butler3 b. 6 Nov 1330
- Sir James Boteler, Knt., 2nd Earl of Ormond3 b. 4 Oct 1331
- Petronilla Butler+1 b. abt. 1335, d. 1368
|This person was last edited on||11 May 2021|
- [S1947] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Five vols. (Salt Lake City, Utah: s.p., 2013), 2:47 (Butler 7), further cited as Richardson, Royal Ancestry.
- [S2355] Brad Verity, "Descendants to the Third Generation of Eleanor, Countess of Ormond (c. 1310–1363)," Foundations: Journal of the Foundation for Medieval Genealogy 8 (2016): 75–89, at 75, further cited as Verity, "Descendants of Eleanor, Countess of Ormond."
- [S2355] Verity, "Descendants of Eleanor, Countess of Ormond," 76.