Sir John de Hastings, Knt., 1st Lord Hastings
Sir John de Hastings
, Knt., 1st Lord Hastings
, son of Sir Henry de Hastings, Knt.
and Joan de Cantelowe
, was born at Allesley, Warwickshire, England
, 6 May 1262.1
He died 19 February 1312/13,1
and was buried at Hastings Chapel of the church of Friars Minor, Coventry, Warwickshire, England
John married (1) (by papal dispensation) Isabel de Valence
, daughter of Sir William de Valence, Knt., Lord of Pembroke
and Joan de Munchensy
, 15 July 1275;1
he married (2), as her 2nd husband, Isabel de Despenser
, daughter of Sir Hugh le Despenser, Knt., Earl of Winchester, 1st Lord Despenser
and Isabel de Beauchamp
, about 1308.2
|Isabel de Valence b. aft. 1248, d. 5 Oct 1305|
- John de Hastings, 2nd Lord Hastings1 d. 20 Jan 1324/25
- Henry de Hastings1
- Margaret de Hastings1
- Joan de Hastings1 d. 1307
- Elizabeth de Hastings1
- Sir William de Hastings, Knt.1 b. abt. 1282, d. bef. 1310/11
|This person was last edited on||1 Jul 2021|
- [S1947] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Five vols. (Salt Lake City, Utah: s.p., 2013), 3:254 (Hastings 10), further cited as Richardson, Royal Ancestry.
- [S1947] Richardson, Royal Ancestry, 1:218 (Badlesmere 8.i), 2:198 (Clare 8), 3:255 (Hastings 10).
- [S1947] Richardson, Royal Ancestry, 3:255 (Hastings 10).
- [S1947] Richardson, Royal Ancestry, 2:494 (Elsing 11), 3:255 (Hastings 10).